Personalised Irish Wedding Goblet, Celtic Wedding Goblet Woodturning, Wooden Goblet with Captive Rings, Irish Heritage Wedding Gift, Wood Wedding Chalice, Unique Irish Engagement/5-Year-Anniversary Gift, Handmade Irish Wedding Gift for the Couple, Galway Ireland Wedding Gift.
Looking for a handmade, and personalised Irish wedding goblet for your closest friends and family? Then look no further, as I craft the most heartfelt solution for you! See below for the story behind this unique medieval Irish tradition:
In 17th century Ireland when a young man fell in love with a young woman he carved a goblet to present to her. He lovingly crafted the goblet, with two/three captive rings, all from a single piece of wood. These two rings symbolised unity and eternity, while the three rings are said to symbolise engagement, the wedding, and love for eternity. At their wedding feast they both drank from the goblet and thereafter kept it in a safe place. For so long as the rings remained unbroken, they would love each other forever.
‘Le Chéile (Together)’ Traditional Irish Wedding Goblet handcrafted in Co.Galway, Ireland by Furniture Designer-Maker Cian Magill…
Simply picture the faces of your loved ones as they open this one-of-a-kind Irish wedding gift, and re-live a tradition practiced by our ancestors!
- This goblet is wood-turned from native Irish Ash of Co.Galway. Ash has strong, distinctive grain, and is what these goblets (and our hurleys) have been traditionally made from for centuries.
- Size: 230mm/ 9.1” high by 100mm/ 4” round at widest point
- All pieces come with original, handmade packaging, including a Fairtrade cotton bag (screen-printed), and a Celtic style info card.
- An engraved message is also included which is inscribed underneath each goblet. This usually displays the message ”Made especially for X and Y’s wedding, on the DD/MM/YYYY”. Simply enter your own personalised info in the text box upon purchase
- Note: creations are made to order so details will vary, giving each piece it’s own personality! All pieces are crafted using sustainable and ethically sourced materials, usually felled and air-dried in Galway, Ireland.
- Note: Please order at least 3 weeks in advance of the couple’s wedding to allow enough time for crafting and delivery.
***AUTUMN SALE: DISCOUNT + FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING + FREE ENGRAVING SERVICE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY***
Be assured that whoever you have in mind for this piece will be smitten by it’s rareness and beauty! Thank you for reading!
For any further inquiries please feel free to contact me directly via the contact page, phone, or email:
00353 (0)85 1888 102
Beannachtaí agus Sláinte! (Blessings and Good Health!),
While your here, why not check out our shop for more beautiful Irish gifts!
Ireland: 1-3 business days
UK: 3-5 business days
Europe: 3-7 business days
Everywhere else: 7-10 business days
Note: Please message me prior to your purchase if you would like express postage.
N.B: Box may differ from photos but will be equally as nice!